Thursday, September 18, 2008

The thought action divide

I was reading a book when suddenly something struck me....it was like this....I thought it was really hard to finish this book...but lo... I am almost engrosses in it, and I think I will be done with it tonight itself.

Well this is just what I mean by the thought action divide - generally we make a mental picture about something and then proceed. In some cases the follow up of the thought is through action and in other cases its just left as a thought.

While in the second case, where we take no action; the result is almost determined as untried and therefore failed; I would classify the first case as a better case. But this process of acting upon a thought doesnt ensure success to me.

This is the first step I need to take once I get to work form the thought. This first step has to be followed with another, then another and so on till I get to achieve the thought. The key to the first lock to obtaining anything is action; don't leave any thought un-acted up on.

On another aspect there is the concept of wishful thinking, and no doing. While wishful thinking makes one feel happy about the possibilities of future; its important to work towards achieving that thought. The more focused I grow on this thought the more profound the action and its impact.

We need to bridge this thought-action divide to start off...so why keep procrastinating?

No comments: