Friday, September 19, 2008

Patience...

Patience is definitely one of the most precious things to possess; given that we are all in a hurry to finish things; and in the process we tend to do many things simultaneously. Does patience mean not getting angry? As I see it patience is much more broader than that; not getting too excited and reacting to something just another part of the game.

Patience is the energy which keeps us composed when things are not our way; it is the energy which helps us work with a clam mind. The end effect of being patient is clarity of thought and the determination to wait till we complete the work we take up.

Patience has worked wonders, while for me it not just increases the time to clearly think and compose myself, it also lets me make better moves than I would have otherwise done in a reactive mode. As I see it, there is hardly any difference between composure and patience - the most important thing when we are composed or calm is that we need to use the brain.

We need to learn to use the brain more consciously, which gives us a better control of what we do. Definitely through practice, the conscious execution of any activity over a period becomes a second nature. The conscious application will let us master the techniques better, the tools better and there by ensure that we reach a higher level of expertise in the domain.

Of late I have been practising this, and I feel this a better way to do things rather than the same old usual way of doing things. I feel more lively and happy this way...

No comments: