Monday, September 22, 2008

Single step at a time...

Some times it looks as though the target I set for myself is very far, not achievable - almost next to impossible for sometime. I sit back and think of it for a moment; i realise its not really difficult - its only a long one. It is just that I dont have the patience to wait for that long a time...once I realise this is the problem it gets easier for me to fix.
There is a Chinese saying - "The jouney of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Infact a golden rule - keeps us away from the thought of giving away easily; sticking on when it matters the most. In my earlier article on patience, I have defined patience to be some what similar - the ability to keep ones cool all through the process; not reacting before it is actually necessary to react. I have made this rule for myself - "One second more..."
Following the rule, I am able to improvise in that last second where I am able to get to a better decision. That once second more of information; the once second more of patience, the once second more of work which we give to our brain, provides us ample time to work on the necessary decision.
My friend Sumanth S K had once told "If you can postpone making a decision, it is better to do it; if its a bad thing that you would be venturing into, you might change your mind and abstain from commiting the bad thing. If you are making a good decision then it will help making a better decision as you get more information."
The key message in this is - if you can push deciding if possible by some more time... use it...
Think about each thing and get into the details make yourself comfortable and then get ahead... every single step that we take is a decision process. So take one proper step each time and you will reach the peak.... just need to be patient.

No comments: