Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Read Regularly

Reading is one of my hobbies; I was a strict academic book reader till graduation days. I dont remmeber reading any other books except may be a couple or three of them, just becasue they were lying around in the hostels.
As I joined my job, and being the restless guy that I am, I felt completely guilty of wasting my travel time when I neither drive, nor putting the travel time to any worthwhile use. That is when I started reading books which I had purchased from some book store - some of these purchases were just because I had heard the name of these books some where. Initially I was very apprehensive about reading fictions, so would buy only the non-fiction scientific kind of books. I began reading books in the travel time and helped me know a lot of things.
In an otherwise boaring and monotonous habit as a software engineer this hobby opened up a new stream to learn the things I never knew before, or increasing my understanding on the ones I knew. I read books on Philosophy, history... well loves each one of them...
This is one of the most terrific hobbies I have ever cultivated has opened my eyes to a whole plathora of things. I have taken a lot away from this hobby... try it and you will realise what you have been missing all the while if u arent one reading freak... You manynot like all the books you find... so choose and stick to ur interest...

No comments: