Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Set goals!!!

I was reading the Greatness Guide by Robin Sharma and he makes a mention of the importance of setting a goal in life. He give six reasons which are enough to take control of our work and some part of our destiny.

The six reason which make it essential to set goals are focus, growth, intentionality, measurement, alignment, inspiration. Each one of this is definitely important for us - goal is the motivationg force which gives us these six things as a gift.

Its though goal that I am able to focus, Robin indicates that if we write our goals some where and read them for around 5 minutes once we wake up, it helps us keep our focus. I havent tried this but will definitely try it.

The goal makes me grow as an individual, lean more, improve with each attempt... this is hard to find grow if I don't know what I am moving ahead. This gives me another reason...the measurement. When i know what my ultimate target is, I can measure myself as I move. There is intention of the goal in all that I do, all my work gets aligned into my goal...it inspires me into action towards ataining the goal. though this is a simple yet powerful idea.

I will definitely try this out.

No comments: